Rescue Rides is a fun way of fundraising for the Holme Valley Mountain Rescue Team! It is a cycling event for both road and off-road bikes. It is not a race but an opportunity to take a personal challenge and enjoy the scenery whilst raising money for the Team. The event starts and finishes at the Team’s headquarters in Marsden and offers a choice of distances, terrain and difficulty.
There are 5 routes to choose from using ski type colour gradings to depict severity:
- RED Road Route, 40 miles with 4,761 feet of ascent taking in Chew Valley, Holme Moss and Castle Hill
- BLUE Road Route, 22 miles with 2,372 feet of ascent taking in Chew Valley, Meltham and Holt Head
- RED MTB Route, 32 miles with 5,300 feet of ascent taking in Diggle Edge, Lark Hill, Castleshaw, Willykay Clough, Wessenden Valley and Harden Moss.
- BLUE MTB Route, 15 miles with 2,470 feet of ascent taking in Wessenden Valley, Harden Moss and Royd Edge.
- GREEN a Family friendly Route, 7 miles long taking in easy tracks and quiet roads.
All routes can be found on the above links.
Red and Blue routes will have direction signs, regular checkpoints and refreshment stations. The Green riders will go in groups with a leader.
When you have completed your route, exchange your number at the registration desk for a refreshment ticket, enjoy your well-earned refreshments and have a look round our Headquarters.
Refreshments will also be available for none entrants to purchase.